Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I did my first wash and used cold wash and yet the clothes

Customer Question

I did my first wash and used cold wash and yet the clothes were washed in hot water
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I set washer for wool easy wash and added cold wash. When the cycle finished and I opened washer it was very hot inside tub and clearly hot water had been usef
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Do you have a model number so I can better assist you?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
first, you'll want to make sure that your fill hoses aren't reversed on the back of your washer. If that checks good, then you have a bad heating element in the base of your washer coming in from the front just below the door way. There is a sensor built into this heater called a "thermistor" which tells the washer the temperature of the water and if it thinks it's too cold, it'll add hot water even if you have cold selected. Below is a link to the heating element if you need to order and replace it. CLICK HERE for heating element with sensor We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have to get a plumber and get the delivery people out to my home again. I cannot move the washing machine to see the hose hook up. hard to see how a brand new machine would have a bad heating element but we'll see. I realize that this service will not work for me because I am not able to make the suggested fixes. You did great, but I am not a good client for this kind of service. THANKS
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
I would think the hoses are just reversed if the unit is brand new. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today.