Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Bosch HBL 545 AUC wall oven that the clocks will

Customer Question

Hi I have a Bosch HBL 545 AUC wall oven that the clocks will not reset. I simply can not click on the buttons anymore to set things
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: the clock can not be reset, nor can I set the self cleaning mechanism or set automatic cooking time
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: the oven was installed in 1997
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your oven today. First, try to just flip the circuit breaker off to the oven for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, your display control board has just failed and the part number is ***** This is a problem because the display board is no longer made so if you wanted to fix the issue, you'd need to send the old display board into a place like Appliancetimers.com or Core Centric Solutions to have the board refurbished. The process usually takes about 2 weeks and costs about $200 or so. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?