Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Kenmore 3.5 front load washer won't drain and spin. JA:

Customer Question

Kenmore 3.5 front load washer won't drain and spin.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: When it gets to drain and spin it I get flashing lights, I can hear a motor running but nothing happening. When I go to the drain/spin cycle it will pump the water out but no spin.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: model 417.44152400
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for sending the model number and good morning! My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your washer today. First, the washer is designed to not even attempt to spin if it can't drain the water out quick enough so this may just be a drain issue but let's pull up your error code to see what your washer thinks is the problem. Wake the machine by pressing any button and wait five seconds. Press and hold the Start AND Pause/Cancel buttons simultaneously and all LED's should go blank. After a few seconds, the control will signal the stored code using beeps and lights. As long as the Start and Pause/Cancel buttons are pressed, this error will continue to be displayed. In the models that DO NOT have a digital readout display the failure code is signaled by the five indicator lights flashing Door Lock, Wash, Rinse, Final Spin, and Control. These five lights will flash the number of times for the first number after the 'E'. The Start indicator light will also flash the number of times for the second number after the 'E'.To stop the beeping and flashing these errors can cause, select the Pause/Cancel button.Example - If the five indicator lights flash twice (2) and the start indicator light flashes four (4) times, the error code would be E24. Can you tell me what error you have showing?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
All five and the start flash simultaneously with a beep. They continue to do this until u let go of the buttons
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
OK perfect, that means you don't have an error code stored. That means the washer doesn't think there is a problem which means you have a bad main control board since it can't detect an error inside of itself. Below is a link to the control board you'd need to order and replace for your model behind the control panel. CLICK HERE for control board We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I had unplugged the machine to see if reseting the power would help. Would it store the error code or do I need to get it to fault again?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
It would store the error code. But you can run the washer and see if when the washer should be spinning and it's flashing lights instead to see if that happens to be an error code that it's flashing. Maybe the board is just not storing it for some reason. Otherwise the board would just need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I had already restarted it on a quick cycle and am get all 5 lights continuously flashing with a beep. No start light. Still the control board?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Aye, unfortunately it sounds like your control board is just bad I'm sorry to say.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank u
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Not a problem and I wish you only the best.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?