Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I am trying to unclog the drain in my whirlpool model

Customer Question

I am trying to unclog the drain in my whirlpool model gz25fsrxyy2 . I have the bottom off of the back of the unit, but cannot see a drain hose?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The bottom freezer was leaking water and freezing up so I watched the video on unclogging the drain... But they referenced a "drain tube" which I do not see...
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: I don't think so. I suspect my model may differ in that it has some sort of hole as a drain rather than a "Drain tube"
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
The back panel inside the freezer must be removed to access and see the drain hole unfortunately. The drain hole is located below the silver evaporator coils which is behind the back panel inside the freezer. You must pull everything out of the freezer and remove the back panel to see the drain. Also, the drain hose has been re-designed for having lots of clogging issues so you will want to replace it. To access that you come in from behind the entire refrigerator and remove the lower back panel behind the unit. Below is a link to the new part. CLICK HERE for drain hose We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?