Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a WHIRLPOOL Quiet Partner III - model number

Customer Question

I have a WHIRLPOOL Quiet Partner III - model number GV2300XTVS. The top rack suddenly dropped and I noticed that the small "plugs" that fit into the white wheels that allow it to travel back and forth, had fallen out. On further inspection, I noticed that the ends of each plug had broken or were about to. Are they replaceable and it is something I can do? Thanks for your anticipated help and cooperation.
George DelMonte
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
you can definitely replace these parts yourself and below is a link to the wheel assembly you'd need to order. Order as many as you need depending on how many are broken on your unit. CLICK HERE for wheel assembly As for how to replace them, below is a video that shows you the process. CLICK HERE for video We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Tyler,
The repair that I saw was not at all like the part I need! The clip on the front of the upper rack is able to be put in two positions. The part you suggested does not seem to be able to do that. Please recheck for me.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
I'm not sure what you mean. I looked up the part using the model number you gave which is 100% accurate. As for the video, there is no video that has your exact model, but the video I linked to you should give you the overall process you need to replace the part yourself.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?