Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Samsung French refrigerator and rhe ice maker

Customer Question

I have a Samsung French refrigerator and rhe ice maker stopped working after I replaced the filter. Can you help me pleaseūüėČ
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Good morning. If the icemaker is indeed related to replacing the filter, then the problem is that the air didn't get expelled well enough and the fill tube going to the icemaker is frozen and needs to be thawed out. This is the only thing replacing the filter can cause that would stop the icemaker from making ice. But rather than assuming that replacing the filter actually caused this issue, it's best to do a few checks. Probably the best thing to do is determine if the icemaker isn't cycling and calling for water, or if water isn't actually making it to the refrigerator. First, make sure the freezer is below 10 degrees because the icemaker will not cycle if the temperature in the freezer is over 10 degrees. Next, fill up the icemaker with a cup of water and wait 24 hours to see if it cycles and dumps the ice. If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker because it's just bad. If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out. You can also make sure it's not frozen by disconnect the water line coming from the icemaker and going to the valve at the valve. Blow through the water line to make sure it's clear. If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.