John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Kenmore Oasis model(###) ###-####that stopped

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore Oasis model(###) ###-####that stopped drying mid cycle. I have checked the lint screen, and exhaust pipe and it's clear. The control panel turns on but will not start the motor when the start button is pushed. the Dryer is 8 years old.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Non I can think of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  ApplianceMAN replied 10 months ago.
Good evening are you currently on?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can you double check that model number for me. Also do you hear any humming or anything when you try to start it it?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sure, I'll go check. The panel blips when you push the start button. Be right back.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Model is 110.67062800. Does that make more sense?
Alright do you have access to a meter ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I do
There is a thermal fuse on the backside of this unit exhaust duct. You will need to check the ohm resistance across that to see if it opened.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I took the back panel off but I'm not seeing anything that looks like a fuse. Can you describe it or send me a diagram?
http://www.appliancepartspros.com/whirlpool-thermal-fuse-91c-wp3390719-ap6008309.html
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
There is a video link you sent me but it's a different model and shows a front panel that comes off. Is therea parts list that goes with the schematic. Can't tell by looking at the diagram what the thermal fuse looks like.
O i was just grabbing a picture of one for you thats all, ill see if I can find a picture
best way I can describe it is a white small looking thing, Doesnt look like a fuse at all
well i could be wrong here....... Yours may be actually black.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is the diagram you sent the correct one for my model?
Pretty sure i didnt send a wiring diagram but if it was in that link, No I just sent that to show a thermal fuse.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do you have access to the right exploded parts view for my model? That might be all I need.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the thermal fuse part number
Here is your another limit that could be on yours. I work on so many theres alot of them out there but the white one in most common
I was originally looking for a wire diagram in the truck but I don't have one.