John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Frigidaire gallery model # ***** and a portion of

Customer Question

I have a Frigidaire gallery model # ***** and a portion of the filter is detaching from the tub, I was wondering how this filter is held tight to the tub, I tried calking it in but it left go. Any repair advice?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. Are you talking about the stainless filter?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK is the filter bent or warped?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no
Is it the bottom of the tub that is warped?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the tub is not warped, nothing is bent, the filter is a very thin, and has delaminated from the tub on a small section, it is becoming apparent to me that you know nothing about the machine. For example could you answer the question as to what holds the filter tight to the tub in the first place? If you don't know, why waste your time.
I have worked on hundreds of these machines, the filter can not delaminate from the tub it is a separate piece all together. The filter removes from the unit and just sits inside the sump and is held in by the turn lock that supports the wash arm.