John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Re: GE Microwave Model JVM1790BK01 Usually when cook time

Customer Question

Re: GE Microwave Model JVM1790BK01 Usually when cook time was completed and door opened the interior fan would just shut off. It now runs constantly. What is the problem? I am not talking about the over the stove exhaust fan, that works fine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.
I think the interior temperature is too high, when the heat cycle ends. After removing the food, close the door, and give it time to cool down. If, by runs constantly, you mean it runs longer than ten or fifteen minutes, before shutting off, please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The appliance was unplugged for is cool.....plug in fan comes on......heat food, cycle finished, open door, fan off....close door fan back on and never shuts off.....this is a problem in the mechanism or electronic nothing to do with heat. Fan will not shut off...that's the problem I want the answer to.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I tried this service once before....dissatisfied....beginning to think it is a racket- if no answer I will protest charges on my credit card!
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.
You can request a refund of your deposit. Funds are not used, unless you accept an expert's answer. Some appliance problems simply need on site diagnosis. I'll opt out, so other experts can discuss the problem with you.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.
I am a different tech would like some more help?