John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I am having the same problem with my dishwasher too. I have

Customer Question

Hi, I am having the same problem with my dishwasher too. I have taken the whole dishwasher out and have taken the control panel off which looks fine. There is no evidence of burnt or not connecting circuits. is there a way for me to test the relay without purchasing both the circulating pump and a new circuit board? Thanks!
Jenna Pitts
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.
Hello Jenna - my name is ***** ***** expert on the site - I cant see which question that you refer too so would you kindly tell me what your problem is with the dishwasher?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My Bosch dishwasher quit getting hot. It wouldnt dissolve the soap paxkets, so I switched to powder and that didn't help, the powder is still mostly in the cup after use. The water is warm but not hot and they are never dry. So after doing my research, I took my diswasher apart and was ready to replace the heat pump (my first guess) but then on this orginial thread, the gentleman had said it was his circuit board. Mine is not burnt anywhere and I dont see any incomplete connections on the board. A different thread stated that it ended up being the recirculating pump issue. I want to know how I can check so I dont have to buy both parts.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I may also add that there were never any errror codes throwing to the display. But unfortunately this dishwasher was here when I bought the house so I dont have an owners manual.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.
OK give me a pinute to pull up the speciffications and do you have a multimeter with a beeper?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.
OK on the inner stainless steel door across the top you will find the ENr lazer etched into the metal can you give me the number that follows after the oblique stroke ? eg SHX55M06UC/53
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have a multimeter but it doesnt beep.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it was on a sticker not etched. Idk if that helps you.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.
Thats fine I've got it, you will need to remove the appliance and remove the right hand panel (as you look at it from the front to test the heater. Come back to me when you have this done.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My dishwasher is all apart. And eveything is labeled.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.
OK copy and paste this into your browser -- then spare parts and diagrams then page 4 then come back to me
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I see page 4 of the break out schematic. What now.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.
OK item 0409 is the complete heater element - if you look at the top you will see two single stubs that stick out of the end of the housing usually held in place by star shapped washers. This is your actual heater. Firstly check that you have continuity through it and then run the appliance and check if you have voltage going to it midway through the wash cycle.