John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My LG gas dryer made a smell today. The first load was fine.

Customer Question

My LG gas dryer made a burnt smell today. The first load was fine. The second load is when the sma
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: soory, hit the enter button by mistake. The second load is when the burnt smell happened. It smells like matches. It's never done that before. The hot air inlet screen in the back of the dryer has something black and melted/burnt on it. It's an LG DLG5988B
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: No. It's worked great with no problems until today. Have had it for 10 years approximately
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! Was anything in the drum damaged, like something in the pockets of pants, plastic or anything?