Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I got a subzeo side by side and no making ice , bought two

Customer Question

I got a subzeo side by side and no making ice , bought two years ago
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 9 months ago.
Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.can you check in the ice maker itself (not the ice bucket) and tell me if there is ice sitting in the ice maker that has not dumped yet, thanks.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Nope
no ice in the ice maker?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Only a few cube in the drawer from yesterday
Ok and the freezer is keeping proper temps? everything froze good and hard etc?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Everything else ok , i have only to have the purifier filter changed
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is there any way of reseting it?
Ok just check and make sure that the fill tube to the ice maker is not frozen up with ice blocking water flow to the ice maker and if that is fine then if the ice maker has a toggle on and off switch you can toggle it off for a few minutes cut it back on and if that does not help then the ice maker is getting water its calling for it so the water valve on the unit needs to be replaced. Its located under the unit as shown in the diagram - click here for imagethe valve part number is(###) ###-####and can be ordered here - click here ******************************************************************************* We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed. Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call. Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks! After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing. NOTE PLEASE READ: When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system. Thank You! Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.
Hi there,I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?