Ezekiel
Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Repair Expert
91962359

I have a Fisher and Paykel washer Model WA37T26GW2.

Customer Question

I have a Fisher and Paykel washer Model WA37T26GW2. Yesterday I was in the room when the washer was on its spin cycle. I smelled a electrical burning smell. I unplugged the washer. I plugged it back in after about 10 minutes and the lights on the panel came on and it tried to start moving still on spin and then the lights went out completely.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I removed the drain motor and it smells like the smell I smelt yesterday afternoon. The pump is free in moving but the copper coils have a black coating around the middle and even some build up between the coil and the motor housing.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.
hi have you been able to unplug it and restart it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I unplugged it but nothing will happen. no lights on the control panel.
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.
ok it seems that you had a short in the control panel is there power at the outlet
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.
the motor may have strained out what is the age of the unit the motor shorting out will definitely burn out the control panel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got it figured out. Bye