John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I am replacing my water pump on my KincenAid 50lb. Ice

Customer Question

I am replacing my water pump on my KincenAid 50lb. Ice Maker. Does the plastic water line go in the yellow insert or the blue? The plastic line that I removed came out of the blue insert. However, now when I try to put it back in to the new blue insert of the new pump it just slides in and out. It will not lock in ????? The water line will fit in the yellow insert tight. Is that where it goes? Could the factory have put the line in the wrong insert? The reason I am replacing it is because it leaked at the blue insert. There was no line for the yellow insert??????????
Baffled!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?