Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Cleaned out my lg bottom freezer and it seemed to turn

Customer Question

cleaned out my lg bottom freezer and it seemed to turn itself off and is not working now. what can i do?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: there was frost collecting on the inside of our freezer so it was difficult to close. i took everything out and cleaned it all out. now it is not working - it is like it is turned off. temp is set at -4F. i shut it for 5 minutes but sides are not cold.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: i think that is everything.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.
There shouldn't be anything that would have caused the unit to shut off. Most likely the unit is just in defrost mode right now so you'll need to leave the unit alone and let it sit for 45 minutes and it should kick out of defrost cycle on it's own. Other than that you can try to unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes and see if that resets the control board. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it doesn't have a defrost that i know. i have cleaned out the freezer before and it never did this
It does have a defrost. It goes into once every 8-72 hours. it's controlled by the control board based on many factors but either way, you'll need to just wait and see. It's most likely just in defrost but if not and you're not getting an error code on the screen like ER FF (for instance if you forgot to hook up the freezer fan), then your control board is bad and I really don't see that being the case just from cleaning the unit out.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?