Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Model # ***** interior light is out. How do I replace it?

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your microwave today. So to access the interior light, you need to remove the control panel and the vent panel above the door. Samsung did this because too many people would replace the light bulb without unplugging the microwave which caused the display board to short out. So unplug the microwave and then start by removing the screws coming in from above the top vent panel. Remove the vent panel and then remove the screw at the top of the control panel. The control panel will slide up and then hinge forward and down. The light bulb should then be located in the upper right corner of the microwave cavity so you can remove it and replace it. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
There is an additional fee to speak by phone if you wanted to do that option. Otherwise you can just follow my directions I gave you and that should get you to the light bulb.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There are no screws on the vent above the door !
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
There are. They come in from the top above the entire microwave, but if the appliance wasn't installed properly and the cabinet is too deep it may be covering the screws and then you'd have to uninstall the entire microwave.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I just wasted $28
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
I'm not sure how you wasted any money. You know what needs to be done to access the bulb now. I can't control the situation, what has failed, or what needs to be done I can only give you the information needed to fix the problem which I have done.