Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Thank you help I have a Bosch electric dryer model

Customer Question

Thank you for your help
I have a Bosch electric dryer model WTMC3321/US/06, it was working fine, then after a load, the display show the drying time but when I press start, nothing happens, I just hear a click, but the dryer does not move
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. Answer: That would mean the belt has either broken or the belt idler switch has tripped. You would need to remove the back of the unit to get at the idler switch to check it and then see if the belt is broken. That happens a lot. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pushed the button on the left of the switch and it didn't start. Same thing just clicks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Belt is not broken
The switch is like a slider switch it goes side to side...can you remove the belt then reset the switch when you put it back on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The belt is good and belt side switch is also good. The dryer still does not turn on.
Can it be the therma fuse, where is that located and what does it look like.
Thank You
Check the thermostats on the heater see if one of them is tripped. There should be a red reset button on them. Press them in and see if they click. If so that one would have been tripped.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only saw one thermostat reset, I check the resistance and it had 0 ohms, so that is ok
I also check the heater element that was good also, it had 10 ohms, the thermostat cut off fuse also had no resistance.
any other idieas please
There are only two thermostats that can cut out the motor and the belt switch, so if neither are tripped then there is an issue with the controller. Just make sure you have 240 volts to the unit. That is really about it.