Phil, Shop owner
Experience:  Degree, Mech. engr. shop owner. 51 years experience

I have just moved to a new house brought my refrigerator

Customer Question

I have just moved to a new house brought my refrigerator with me. It's a frigidaire gallery . The read out on the front is stuck reading sy ef . Not sure what this is. Help
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Water is not hooked up to it and I brought it in yesterday and plugged it in all was fine came home tonight and this is what I find. Seems to be cooling but not sure for how long.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I have no more info.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Phil replied 5 months ago.
Hello, if its not down to temperature yet the sy ef (system efficiency) code will most likely go away in a few hours... moving it, if it had been laid on its side dislocates the refrigerant temporarily... it will generally self correct. If you rate my answer here positively, I will be able to hold the question open for you without any time limit for any follow up you might need.