John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

The power went off after I started the washer now the door

Customer Question

The power went off after I started the washer now the door won't unlock and all the washer does is run like it is spinning but it s not doing anything
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Sounds like it's trying to spin I have no lights on the front but the lock control
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 5 months ago.
Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help. How long has the washer been running after the power came back on? Does it sound like it is just the pump running?
Are you still there? Do you still need help?