Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My whirlpool accubake ceramic stovetop and oven do not work,

Customer Question

my whirlpool accubake ceramic stovetop and oven do not work, but the display panel and oven light do
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: my whirlpool accubake ceramic stovetop does not heat and the oven does not heat. The panel display on top works and all lights work.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
If both the oven and the cooktop will not heat, then the issue is that you're only getting 110 volts to the oven instead of 220 volts from your house. Try to flip the circuit breaker off and back on to reset power. If it still won't work, pull your oven out and check the power cord where it connects to the back of your oven. If you don't find anything shorted or damaged, then you need to test power at the back of your oven to make sure you have 220 volts between the 2 outside power wires on your terminal block where the power cord connects. If you do, then you have a broken wire between the control panel and the power cord. if not, then you may need an electrician to check the outlet, circuit breaker, or wiring in your house. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?