Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My Kenmore stand alone ice maker keeps cutting off. I

Customer Question

My Kenmore stand alone ice maker keeps cutting off. I replaced the circuit breaker. if I trip the breaker and then turn it back on, the ice maker will run for awhile and then cut out. any suggestions, the ice maker is less than three years old.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Turning the breaker off will reset the electronics and if it shuts down and has to be reset, that means there is an issue with the electronic control. I believe by changing the breaker you ruled out any power supply issues so I suspect the electronic control will need to be replaced.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!