Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Can here noise but will not run, no lights, have to unplug

Customer Question

can here noise but will not run, no lights, have to unplug to stop noise
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: no lights, no water, nothing but a noise from back/bottom but have to unplug to stop noise
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
It sounds like your unit is just in flood mode because it took longer than 6 minutes to fill up with water in the last cycle. This will cause the washer to go into flood mode because it's not sure if the water leaked out or if the water is just coming in too slow or you have to many clothes inside soaking up all the water. Either way, just plug the washer in and leave it plugged in for 30 minutes. The washer will continue to run the drain pump (it won't harm the pump) and after the sequence is done, the pump will shut off and the door will unlock and everything will go back to normal again. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?