Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Frigidaire upright freezer with an electronic

Customer Question

I have a Frigidaire upright freezer with an electronic control display. we left the freezer opened by mistake and we pushed the alarm button and now it reads LO. and is not on we don't know how to reset the freezer
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
LO just means the temperature is too warm. If the door was left open, too much frost was built up on the evaporator so you'll need to unplug the unit and pull everything out of the freezer and remove the lower back panel inside the freezer to expose the silver evaporator. Thaw all the frost out with a hair dryer. Put everything back together and plug the unit in and just wait 12 hours or so and it should be all back to temperature correctly again. The other option is to remove all the food inside and just unplug the unit for 24 hours to allow it to all thaw out and then you can plug it back in and it should start cooling and be down to temperature in 12 hours again. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?