Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My dryer says check vent. Do I need an electrician or a

Customer Question

My dryer says check vent. Do I need an electrician or a plumber? It is vented to the roof.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
First, unplug the dryer and try to clean out your lint trap and pull the dryer out if you can and make sure the vent hose behind the dryer isn't kinked. If that all checks good, try the dryer again and if it still tells you to check the vent then you'll need a dryer vent company to come out. These are specific vent people, not an electrician or plumber, just a dryer vent company. You can usually call a local appliance repair place and they will recommend one in your area. Lint gets caked onto the vent through the house so it can restrict the air flow and there are special tools needed to blow out the lines as well as break up the link inside the pipe through your house. The process usually costs about $100 or so. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?