Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

I have a GE Profile side by side with water and ice

Customer Question

I have a GE Profile side by side with water and ice dispenser. model #ES123NSTA SV. SN GL425601.
The ice and water dispenser is working, but the door that covers the hole where the ice come out of is not working correctly. It opens, but I have to reach in and flip it a few times to close it and it still doesn't close completely. I used a dryer to make sure there was no ice causing the problem.
Any suggestions?
Bob VanDeGejuchte
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.That is not a good model number, it is incorrect, the model is listed on a tag on the right or left side of the refrigerator wall inside the fridge compartment and has the model number and serial listed. I will need the correct model number to give you specific details and part numbers, but there is a solenoid in the dispenser area that open and closes the flap when they go bad or get older they can start sticking it needs to be replaced. If you need further information please locate the correct model number and I will be glad to help more, thanks.In the meantime:******************************************************************************* We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed. Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call. Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks! After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing. NOTE PLEASE READ: When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system. Thank You! Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.