Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My dishwasher slowly fills with water after cycle is

Customer Question

My dishwasher slowly fills with water after cycle is complete. I have already tried elevating the hose from the garbage disposal. I am able to drain the standing clean water by pushing the cancel button. The dishwasher appears to work properly except the water that comes into the unit after the cycle finishes. There is enough water to leak out onto the floor if we don't continue to push the cancel button. We have been away from home for four months which makes me wonder if this could be a gasket that has dried out. Our water was shut off during that time. Another thought is that my son installed a new water faucet while we were away. Is there any chance that this installation has something to do with the problem? Thank you for your suggestions.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! There is a check valve in the pump and a high loop on the side of the tub (if the unit was installed properly, so it should not be draining back in from the drain hose. Is the water clean? Are you sure the water inlet valve is not allowing the water to fill when it is off?