Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

When the circuit breaker is tripped, washer does not stop

Customer Question

When the circuit breaker is tripped, washer does not stop operating for a few minutes.
When the circuit breaker is reset, washer does not come on when the button is pressed.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! There is no way it can run if you turn the breaker off if it is wired correctly, so I suspect the issue is not with the machine but with the wiring that is to the outlet it is plugged in to. You can verify that by unplugging the machine and if it shuts off right away, you know there is a problem in the home's wiring. Let me know what happens.