Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Our GE monogram double wall over died during a self clean

Customer Question

Our GE monogram double wall over died during a self clean cycle. Although the breaker is on, the display is completely dark and the top oven door remained locked. I was able to unlock the top over door, and assume that the high limit thermal fuse needs to be replaced. Is that a valid assumption, and where would I find that thermal fuse. The model number is ***** Monogram ZET2PMSS
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Stefan T replied 5 months ago.
Hi i am Stefan and will gladly help.
Expert:  Stefan T replied 5 months ago.
It is unlikely a Hi-limit switch, if we are both talking the same thing, is the issue. Most likely you may nee to replace part # ***** WB27T11037 or both. You can see if there is any place that has these at a lesser price. There should be a tech sheet behind the display board that you could use to test power coming in and going to the board. Most likely I would try Board-Asm-Power-Supply part # ***** If you get power to it but no power out then that's it. If you are not confident with preforming tests on a live circuit I would suggest you call an appliance repair technician. If you need further support please let me know, else if you are satisfied with the answer please give me a 3+ rating. Thank you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks Stefan. Can you explain why its unlikely to be a high limit switch, which I assume is what I saw described as a thermal fuse.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The thermal fuse is in line only with the heating elements. So, if it had opened, it would still light up and program, it would just not heat. If you can verify power to the control, that control is faulty. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!