Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Have a new model mvwc 555dw1 maytag washer 4.3 cu. ft. It

Customer Question

Have a new model mvwc 555dw1 maytag washer 4.3 cu. ft. It will not sling the water out of the clothes especially with jeans etc. Have to dry in gas dryer twice as long as before and then some things are still damp.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. Does it show any error codes
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no
OK are the clothes coming out sopping wet?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, they have just enough moisture left that you know it will be a long time in the dryer. Our old Matag would spin them twice as dry. Is there anything that I could be doing wrong or how it was set up to cause this. I understand the advancement in these machines is the "high efficency" of having less water to deal with.
You may have a failing motor capacitor, often they go bad on that unit causing that issue. CLICK HERE FOR PART All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!