Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Bosch Nexxt 300 series washer serial number

Customer Question

I have a Bosch Nexxt 300 series washer serial number WFMC2201UC/13. The issue is that the drum will not spin during the wash cycle or spin. The display doesn't display the proper time for the cycles. The belt is not broken and someone from Bosch said that the motor on this series does not have carbon brushes. Could it be a circuit board issue or motor?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
to clarify, the motor does have brushes, but they are not replaceable on the american Nexxt models like their European counter parts. Usually the motor itself is the part that has failed but since you can't access or test the carbon brushes you can't know for certain. There is a motor control board mounted to the floor below the tub that can cause cause the motor to not run so if the belt isn't broken, either the motor is bad or the motor control board is bad---those are your 2 options. The motor is part number 00660487, and the motor control board is part number 00668952. If you order the part from Repairclinic.com they allow returns unlike most places... but I would start with the motor control board first as that is the part I usually find faulty. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.