Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I am retrieving a Goldstar dehumidifier from storage that

Customer Question

Hello, I am retrieving a Goldstar dehumidifier from storage that has been sitting for at least ten years or more. I have cleaned the unit up on the outside and am having difficulty opening the front drawer where the drain bucket is located. It seems to be locked some way and I don't seem to have the manual. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 10 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. Answer: The bucket may just be stuck there should be nothing locking it in place. If there are no tabs or anything to press the bucket should just pull out as it is likely stuck from sitting so long. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!