Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a kitchenmaid Superba double oven. the top oven door

Customer Question

I have a kitchenmaid Superba double oven. the top oven door will not close at the top it stays open about a 1/4 inch
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: did you get my question?
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no just the oven door will not shut at the top
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! If you open the door all the way, does it slope down? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it slopes down slightly... and I don't have the model number
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
The hinges will need to be replaced. With a model number I can get you a link to them and exact instructions. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
where do i find the model number?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Usually the tag is around the oven opening on the lower oven, left side, after the door is opened. It will look like KEBD305ABC1.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
not there
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Maybe around the top oven, it is around the oven opening somewhere. They can be hard to find, I wish the manufacturers would make them easier to find!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
not there either
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Well, shoot! The door is not hard to disassemble but with no model I cannot get you the correct hinge links. There are so many different ones. To get at them, you need to remove the door and lay it face down and remove the screws at the top and bottom trims and then the glass and handle will come off, allowing full access to the hinges. Can you post a picture of the oven with the doors open?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
never mind i called my centerpoint service plus plan.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
I understand, thank you. Have a great rest of your day, take care!