Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have purchased a new burner valve to install as one of

Customer Question

i have purchased a new burner valve to install as one of mine doesn't turn. I pulled the gas range out of the counter - turned to over and there is a solid sheet metal pan covering the bottom of the unit. My question is there are many screws holding it on and I'm sure I do not need to remove them all to reach the valve, are you able to help me?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
viking DGSU1004BSS
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Are you waiting on me for a response?
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
It looks like the top is going to come off. You will need to remove the burners and the screws that are under the burners and, of course, the knobs. See the attached sheets.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I understand you pics, but this isn't the type of range I have. When i remove the burner heads, there are no visible screws to remove.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
Can you post a picture of what is under the burners, please?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
where do i post the pics
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
You can use the ADD FILE tab or the paper clip icon.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
here are the pics
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
I believe those rings have to pop off to expose the screws.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
they do not pop off. I removed the allen screws in the middle of burner and was able to pull it up, but there are no screws under it.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
Odd, that is the manual for that series. I will place your question back to the list, maybe another will have some different information.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
well, the pic that you sent is like mine at all, so hope you can find help