Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

MY OVEN STOPPED WORKING IT SENDING A SIGNAL F 11 IS THIS

Customer Question

MY OVEN STOPPED WORKING IT SENDING A SIGNAL F 11 IS THIS SOME THONG I CAN FIX WITH BUYING A NEW PART OR DO I HAVE TO FIND A REPAIRMAN
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
F11 means that the oven isn't detecting the oven heating properly on bake. This is a gas oven so most likely the bake igniter has just worn out and needs to be replaced. Typically igniters last about 6-8 years before they get to weak to open the oven gas safety valve. If you have a multimeter with an amp clamp you can clamp one of the wires going to the bake igniter and see if you're drawing 3.2 amps, if not then replace the igniter. Below is a link to the igniter for your oven. CLICK HERE for igniter We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?