Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

When I went to clean my oven this morning an error message

Customer Question

When I went to clean my oven this morning an error message came on of E1 F5. Pressed off to clear. It cleared but comes back on in about 2 minutes. No oven controls are working ie bake, clean etc. Apparently the lock is not working, but what to do. My oven shows model @GR395LXG 2, serial #RK2810229
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Good morning! My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your oven today. First, you are correct that this error message means that your door latch has failed. More specifically, it means that your latch is stuck somewhere between the opened and closed position so the oven thinks the latch isn't rotating (whether it actually is or not). Now on this model the latch drive motor is mounted to the back of the oven. First, try to just pull the oven forward and unplug the oven for 60 seconds and plug it back in to see if the latch will correct itself. If not, then pull the oven out and unplug it. Remove the screws going into the back sheet metal panel. Locate the latch motor which looks like the part in the link below. It's mounted just above the oven cavity on the back. Try to wiggle the latch rod that goes up to the front in case it's stuck. Re-apply power and see if you can help it move. If the error comes up again, then the latch motor will just need to be replaced so just order and replace the latch in the link below. CLICK HERE for latch motor assembly We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?