Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My sub zero 650 has gradually slowed with making ice, whole

Customer Question

My sub zero 650 has gradually slowed with making ice, whole refridge/freezer checked @ 30 days ago. Told the tech is seemed to making less ice and that the ice looks "glassy" he said all was fine. Now in last 24 hrs only 12 ice cubes and 3-4 ice fragments made?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Ice production is based on how quickly the water freezes and drops to 10ºF. If the ice is looking glassy, then it means that the temperature inside your freezer is starting to go up which causes the icemaker to slow down. It sounds like you're located the source of your problems with frost building up on the ceiling of the freezer. You will want to pull everything out of the freezer and remove the bottom freezer drawer. Then use a hair dryer and thaw all the ice/frost out. If the frost is forming near the front it means that the freezer drawer is not sealing up so you may need a new door seal. Otherwise, you may have a defrost component that is failing inside the freezer or the door was just left cracked opened or something like that. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?