John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

I have a Whirlpool Refrigerator that has stopped cooling.

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool Refrigerator that has stopped cooling. It is 6 years old.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
Before considering parts replacements, inspect the condenser coil radiator to see if there's a layer of lint blocking the air flow through it. If there is, vacuum it off with a ShopVac. If the compressor is running, give the fridge a couple of hours to cool down and stabilize. If it looks like there are more problems, please let me know, and we'll consider other solutions.Using the expert's scale, found at the top of your screen, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my answer. I'm not paid, until you rate my service to you. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your answer. Since this was not a top of the line refrigerator, we decided to replace it. Our previous one did the same thing. I think this one was at the end of its useful life.
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
OK. Thank you.