Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

The dryer turns on the time starts to count down and then it

Customer Question

The dryer turns on the time starts to count down and then it turns off, it doesn't start drying though the drum never turns?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The drum is not turning the lights all work I turn it to time dry the time comes up but it never starts working
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Samsung dv231ae, also the hourglass symbol is on the screen
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Thank you! Turn the breaker off or unplug for about 15 minutes to reset the control. Any change?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No change
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Okay, so the motor starts but no drum or no motor, either?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No motor either the screen appears as though it is working fine but no motor or movement
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Okay, do you hear a slight click from the control when you start it, even though the machine does not start?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
The thermal fuse has likely opened,. a very common failure. The video below shows how to access and replace it! CLICK HERE The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No click
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Where do you get this fuse?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
I sent you a link above for the part and the video.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.