John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

I HAVE AN OLD SCOTSMAN DCE3333PA AND AFTER SOME TIME OF NOT

Customer Question

I HAVE AN OLD SCOTSMAN DCE3333PA AND AFTER SOME TIME OF NOT USING IT IT START TO HAVE PROBLEMS.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: COMPRESOR ON PUMP ON BUT THE WATER RUNS NEVER STOP AND MAKING ANY ICE. A LITTLE AT FIRST BUT NOW NOTHING AND THE WATER RUN AND NEVER STOP ALL GOES TO THE DRAINN
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: NOT THAT I KNOW
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
Before considering parts replacements, inspect the condenser coil radiator fins and fan for lint build up blocking the air flow through it. Vacuum any you find with a ShopVac, and give the ice maker a couple of hours to stabilize. If the machine still has problems, please let me know, and we'll pursue other solutions.Using the expert's rating scale, found at the top of your screen, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my answer. I'm not paid, until you rate my service. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.