gregory theodorides
gregory theodorides,
Experience:  owner at pioneer air conditioning
93553692

I have a maytag french door mfi2568ae It stopped making ice. I

Customer Question

I have a maytag french door mfi2568ae
It stopped making ice.
I have replaced the filter
Replaced the water valve to the icemaker and door water
Replaced the icemaker.
the icemaker is filling with water and freezing, but the cubes are not dropping.
The arm is down.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! How is the freezer temperature, less than 10* F?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Okay, so the programming of the control is off. I doubt it will help, but I would turn the breaker off for an hour. If it still behaves the same way, the control will need to be replaced. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Sorry, that is for a different screen. How is the temperature?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Temp is fine. Zero Freezer, 36 frig.
Whatever makes the icemaker turn and drop the ice will not work with either icemaker. Cubes in both. New one is installed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Whirlpool W10519364 is the model of the icemaker replacement
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Water pressure is fine, water in maker, maker frozen, no cubes dropping.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Do you have a meter to test voltage with?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I just went thru this
MFI2568 SERVICE TEST
The service test functions are performed using the refrigerator display and keypad. Enter the Service
Test Mode by performing the following sequence of events:1. Press and hold the Door Alarm Keypad.
2. Press and hold Refrigerator Temperature Up Keypad.
3. Release the Door Alarm Keypad and wait 3 seconds.
4. The Freezer display will display SE confirming entry in the Service Mode.
5. Press the Refrigerator Up Keypad again to confirm entry in the Service Mode.
6. Display will show 101 in left display and numeric or dashes in right display.
7. Press Freezer Up Keypad and Freezer Down Keypad to toggle through Service Test numbers.
8. To exit service test mode, open and close refrigerator door or hold door alarm for 3 seconds.ICE MAKER ISSUES:SERVICE TEST–113 ICE COMPARTMENT FAN - this is at zero but you can toggle
Press the Refrigerator Up keypad and Refrigerator Down keypad to toggle Ice compartment Fan On High speed, Low speed and Off.
NOTE: Display will show state 0.0 for OFF, 11.0-14.0 volts for High speed or 7.75- 8.25 volts for Low speed.SERVICE TEST–145 ICE BOX THERMISTOR reading is 28
Will Show Ice Box Temperature or, OP open thermistor or SH shorted thermistor.SERVICE TEST-192 ICE MAKER STATE TEST - this is on
Display shows “dr” if left fresh food door switch is in the door open position.
Display shows “OFF” if ice maker power switch is in the off position and door closed.
Display shows “On” if the ice maker power switch is in the on position and the door closed and heater is off.
Display shows “OnH” if ice maker power switch is in the on position and harvest heater is on and door closed.SERVICE TEST-193 ICE MAKER RELAY - This option does not exist !!!1
Press the Refrigerator Up Keypad or Refrigerator Down Keypad to toggle the ice maker relay On and OFF.
OWNER RICK'S APPLIANCE REPAIR
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Okay, do you have a meter to test voltage with?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
What is the temperature in the ice box area? Is it also zero as the freezer is?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
The ice maker has a thermostat in the mold that has to close before it will harvest. That thermostat has to be at about 10* F to close.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There is a heater on the bottom of the icemaker that makes it drop the cubes. It does not appear to be receiving the proper signal
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
It is energized by the control head on the ice maker. Is the ice box temperature as cold as the freezer?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My husband is requesting a phone call
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Payment for this service failed, please do not fulfill yet. We will attempt to reach this customer to fix the situation.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
The payment did not clear for the phone call.
Expert:  gregory theodorides replied 11 months ago.
This is Greg How can I help you?