Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My dishwashers a Kenmore elite model66515979992. The China

Customer Question

My dishwashers a Kenmore elite model66515979992. The China wash button is blinking cancel is blinking and lock on. I am disabled and have a new aide I don't know what she did. Help please. Ty
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
unfortunately the blinking china wash button means that your touch control panel thinks it's shorted. You can try to flip the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher and wait 24 hours for the touchpad to dry out in case it got wet from cleaning or just the steam from the dry cycle. These touchpads are known for failing so it may not be the new aide's fault at all, it could just be bad timing. Either way. Allow the dishwasher to dry out without power applied to it and if you re-apply power in 24 hours and the same issue occurs, the touchpad will need to be replaced I'm sorry to say. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  gregory theodorides replied 6 months ago.
Turn off the breaker for 15 minutes then turn the breaker back on, If its doing the same thing you will have to change the control panel assembly.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you I have already given that information.
ok Tyler Thanks Greg
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?