Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I am having problems with my washer LG Tronn WM2487HRM and

Customer Question

I am having problems with my washer LG Tronn WM2487HRM and it is saying (OE) please advise.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Right now that is the only thing wrong, you know I would start the wash and few minutes after that the error code OE appears.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: NOt that I know.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon! Let's start by explaining what your error means. OE means that the washer isn't draining properly. If you remove the access panel in the lower front corner, you can see a plastic drain catch behind this cover. You need to unplug the washer and get ready for all the water in the tub to come out the drain catch when you unscrew it (get lots of towels or a wet vac). Remove the drain catch and if you find debris inside, then remove it and you should be good to go again. If you don't find debris inside, then you'll need to remove the drain pump and check for a blockage inside the drain pump itself.To access the drain pump, you need to pull the washer forward and unplug it. Pull the dispenser drawer completely off the washer. Next, remove the 2 bolts coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Remove the screws coming in through the dispenser opening and the screws coming from the inside of the washer going into the control panel. The control panel will then pull up and out of the way. At this point, you just have a few screws going across the top of the front panel to remove. Open the door and you need to disconnect the rubber door gasket. There is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off the gasket. Now you can remove the front panel to access the drain pump located under the drum attached to the drain catch.Now if the drain pump has debris in it, remove it and you should be good to go again. If not, then the drain pump itself will need to be ordered and replaced. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to access the pump and remove it for replacement or check it for a blockage. CLICK HERE for video We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?