John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Kenmore 795.71022.011 refrigerator with LG FC75LANE compressor

Customer Question

Kenmore 795.71022.011 refrigerator with LG FC75LANE compressor not cooling. Compressor draws 400-500 ac volts after 10 minutes running. Resistance check is 8 ohms. New compressor and PCB.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  gregory theodorides replied 5 months ago.
whats the issue
what is the problem you are experiencing
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Our refrigerator (5 years old) was not cooling (melting ice cream, etc.). I downloaded the repair manual and from the diagnostic tests found that the PCB board was bad (saw a burned spot). I replaced the board, and still had same problem. I contacted Sears service and they said I needed a new compressor. I purchased a new compressor and had a local appliance repair service install and charge it with 134a refrigerant. It still does not cool (or freeze). The compressor runs and after ten minutes the voltage draw is 400 volts ac +/-. It should draw 80 - 140 volts ac. according to the manual. If you are not really familiar with LG made Sears Kenmore refrigerators please pass me on to someone who is.
Appears that either the compressor is the wrong one, is defective, NOT installed properly, or a restriction in the cappillary tubing and/or filter dryer. You will net a set of gauges to measure high side and low side pressures an amprobe voltage meter a/c and d/c capable.Long with oxygen/acetlyne torches fittings and high side vacum pump if you have to change out compressor and/or cappillary tube and filter dryer.