Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a ge ref side by side morel # ***** I have no water

Customer Question

I have a ge ref side by side morel # ***** I have no water comming from door. checked water at bottom and when i press the water I get water from theline hook it back to door and no water. Is there another switch in door or what? what can I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! This has been a common issue for these refrigerators but is easily remedied. You can use a hair dryer to thaw the line out by heating the back of the dispenser housing from the outside of the refrigerator. Direct the heat to the area behind the dispenser paddle. It will take about 20-30 minutes. Be careful so you do not allow it to get hot enough to damage the plastic. Once thawed, you will have restored water flow and normal dispenser operation. If your liner inside the refrigerator (the walls) is metal, there is a kit out that will prevent this from happening again. The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!