Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a built in Miele coffee machine. with the following

Customer Question

i have a built in Miele coffee machine. with the following issue:
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: it stopped making coffee altogether. The beans will grind, and at the conclusion of the cycle, there is a moist "puck" of coffee grounds in the waste container. But no coffee comes out of the spouts. It all seems to be dripping directly into the drip tray.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Model CVA 4068
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! You have a leak or an obstruction in the machine that is causing the brewed coffee to be directed to where it should not be. Are you comfortable performing some disassembly if I send you the service manual? Have you been regularly performing a descale of the machine?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes we have performed all the maintenance on the machine. I've had it about 4 years and never had a problem. It seems strange that when the problem made a cup of coffee just fine...and on the next cup it was just completely blocked. Not even a drop came out. However the hot water works...and in the rinse program water does come out of the milk nozzles. But not the coffee nozzles. I should be able to do some disassembly.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
The service manual is attached. I suspect there is a blockage inside or a leak, but you would have likely noticed an internal leak.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Assuming it is a you know what/where the blockage would be? I'm guessing this would be a common problem with this model?
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Usually at the areas where the coffee is ground, but there are small connectors at various points in the tubing. I would clean all of it out once you have it apart.