Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a bosh dishwasher model SHU9915 of no problems,

Customer Question

I have a bosh dishwasher model SHU9915 for years of no problems, yesterday , putting it to start, water was filling up as normal then the motor didn't start with a loud busing noise.
Start over again pressing the rinse and hold button, it drained nicely.
Start over with the wash then same noise, it won't start.
Checked the drainage to see if anything was blocking , but all cleaned.
What do you think it is ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll be helping you today. I’m am one of the experts here on and this is not a free service just so you understand. I have been factory trained and one of the best appliance technicians in the industry. We are on the honor system and we only receive credit for or time helping you if you rate our service so please do not forget to rate before you leave or experts like myself won’t be around to help in the future since we must make a living helping you by passing on our knowledge and giving our time. Give me a few minutes to review your appliance issue and write an answer for you.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
So to start, the drain pump and the circulation pump are separate on this model. That is why the dishwasher will drain but it will not wash. It sounds like your impeller on the circulation pump is either jammed or more than like it has seized up because this model is known for the impeller design failing over time. The impeller has been re-designed so it doesn't seize up again. Sometimes you can just break it free by removing the pump and twisting the impeller, but it usually doesn't last for very long if you do this so below is a link to the impeller kit you'd want to order and replace. Also at the bottom of the link is a video that shows you how to remove the circulation pump and replace this part or check for something jamming the impeller. CLICK HERE for impeller and video Again, we are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.