Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Frigidaire makes lots of Ice but the screw will not deliver

Customer Question

My Frigidaire makes lots of Ice but the screw will not deliver it from the Ice Bin.
Also the door to the main compartment makes a very load click when opening all the way, Is there am adjustment.
Submitted: 5 months ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
First, the click comes from either the top door hinge or the bottom door hinge. Usually it's the top plastic bearing on the door where the hinge goes into the hole on the door. You'll want to remove the hinge and take the bearing out and install the new bearing if the clicking is coming from the top hinge. Below is a link to the bearing. CLICK HERE for hinge bearing If it's coming from the bottom of the door then replace the bearing on the bottom of the door. The part number is###-##-####and the bearings are just plastic so they wear out and cause a loud click when opening or closing the door when they fail. As for the bucket not dispensing ice out the door, you'd need a multimeter to test power at the auger motor behind the back wall inside the freezer. Pull everything out of the freezer and remove the back panel where the auger motor is located. Tape the door switch shut and test power between the 2 wires going to the auger motor when pressing the ice dispenser. If you're getting 110 volts, replace the auger motor. If you're not getting 110 volts, there is a micro switch inside the dispenser that your paddle pushes when you push your glass against the paddle. Either the switch has fail or a plastic piece has broken on the paddle and it's not pushing the switch so the paddle would need to be replaced. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?