John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Where are the mounting slots on the over range microwaves?

Customer Question

Where are the mounting slots on the over range microwaves? On the very bottom or the back? Need one that. Has them on them on the bottom of the back
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Stefan T replied 6 months ago.
Hi I am Stefan and willing to help. Those types of microwaves have 2 or 3 screw holes on top and a a bracket that goes on the back wall. What brand and model number do you have? I can possible get you install info.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I need to know where the slots are on the back of the ge over range microwave. I know how to mount it. Are the slots on the bottom or the back bottom?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If you don't know, ok. I will cancel payment. Thank you
Expert:  Stefan T replied 6 months ago.
Some microwaves have have a full back plate and some have a bar strip. Once that is in place you should be able to set the microwave into the bracket. Back bottom should hook in. Do you have a model number for me to tell you exactly?
Expert:  Stefan T replied 6 months ago.
The the microwave gets secured by the top screws. I hope this helps you out.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, the one I have doesn' work. I am looking for a ge that does. I can' find a picture of the back.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That is not what I asked. I am asking about the slots at the bottom that connect to the bracket
Expert:  Stefan T replied 6 months ago.
Ok I am sorry I quite understand your issue. This is how I install them. Also with a model number I might be able to give better info.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do not have one yet. I am looking to see if a Ge would work. Any model
Expert:  Stefan T replied 6 months ago.
Ok I see what you want. I will be unlikely that a new microwave will fill 100% the same way unless you get the same model. The new microwave will have a bracket you install the it mounts to. Usually it on the back and the bottom of the microwave hooks into it from the bottom. The top screw holes might also need to be redone to fit. That is how it works. I hope this has helped you out.