Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I need to replace a GE microwave/Convection oven model

Customer Question

i need to replace a GE microwave/Convection oven model JVM1190 in a 2005 Fleetwood excursion 39S with a new version. I need to know how to get it out. How is it mounted? It has a steel frame at the back, and 2 rods left and right that appear to screw into the steel frame. there are two bolts holding the front top. Can't figure out how the back is held. I found 2 small screws at the bottom rear.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

So you are correct, there is a bracket in the back, but this just holds the microwave up and doesn't need to be removed. There are 2 bolts coming in from the top that you need to unscrew. Then remove the vent filters below the microwave and you'll see the side brackets holding the microwave in place. Unscrew the side brackets and then the microwave just pulls forward and down and then off.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
this is over the range appliance. its like its hooked on in the back and needs to come up to come out
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

yes, I know what you are saying and yes I know it's braced by the back. But once you remove the bolts coming in from the top and hinge the microwave forward and down a bit, the entire microwave just lifts up about an inch and pulls forward and out. The back bracket just has a lip along the bottom that supports the microwave so once you lift the microwave up, it unclips and pulls out.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
there is no side brackets it looks like just top and rear. still not coming off something missing
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

The model isn't complete but if you disconnected the vent going to the microwave (if you had a vent connected) then all you should need to do is remove the screws coming in from the top, tip the microwave down, lift it up and pull it forward.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Tyler it turns out that there was a lot more than that in a motorhome. I brought it to a shop and they did it
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Alright well good luck to you.