John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have the same Kenmore washer referenced here, Part # *****

Customer Question

I have the same Kenmore washer referenced here, Part # ***** I was out of town last week and my brother let me know he started a load, left, and when he came back, it was only half complete, the washer was still full of water. He tried to drain it unsuccessfully, unplugged and plugged back in a few times without a successful restart of the cycle. When I got home, I was able to get that same water to drain without any clothes in the washer. I tried to start a small load of clothes to test it, and it went through the Sensing--Wash--Rinse cycle but must have stopped during the SPIN cycle. Now we have the same issue with the washer full of water. At first we thought it may be the motor but since it completed over 50% of a cycle on Sunday, perhaps it's the timer control not functioning properly?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: Don't think so, I put everything in the initial
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll be helping you today. I’m am one of the experts here on and this is not a free service just so you understand. I have been factory trained and one of the best appliance technicians in the industry. We are on the honor system and we only receive credit for or time helping you if you rate our service so please do not forget to rate before you leave or experts like myself won’t be around to help in the future since we must make a living helping you by passing on our knowledge and giving our time. The number you have listed is a part number, do you happen to have a model number? If not, then can you tell me how old the washer is and if it's a top load or front load washer?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How much is the service? I was aware of the $5 refundable deposit but my credit card also has a $23 pending charge--what is this for?
I looked on the back and it had Part No. W10338648 White AMTRIM-S B or 8 (can't tell by the photo)Purchased in September 2012, top load
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
The total charge is $28. It's $5 as a good faith deposit (to make sure you have a credit card, make sure you're serious about asking the question, etc...). But the total question is $28. Also, the model number is ***** on a sticker under the lid down by the hinges like in the picture I attached below if you wanted to continue.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What about the 7 day free trial I signed up for?
I looked under the lid and it doesn't look like that. Are you able to assist without the model #? I found a thread on this site from 2013 where someone was helped with only providing the part # ***** this same washer.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
I would need the model number to better assist you. As for promotions, I just answer appliance questions. I do not have knowledge of promotions being offered.